Keep it Green
We care about the environment and have taken steps to make sure our houses are as efficient as they can be.
Here are some examples of what we do as a company to make UWE Houses more green:
- Our Fishponds office has electric solar panels and an air source heat pump installed for heating
- A range of fully electric vehicles
- Electricity supplied to all our houses comes from renewable sources
- We have solar panels installed on many of our south-facing houses
- Energy efficient boilers with adjustable thermostats & time controls. All our radiators can be individually controlled
- Our houses are well insulated, with many of them exceeding the standard efficiency for a rented property
- Smart meter installation programme
Bills such as utilities and broadband are included in your rent and details of what is included can be found here.
We monitor your energy usage each month and ask you submit gas and electricity readings. We operate a 'fair usage' policy and this is to prevent excessive energy use such as leaving the heating on all day at a high temperature.
To promote reduced energy usage, we offer our tenants an ‘Eco Bonus’ if your energy use comes in below a certain threshold each month. This means at the end of the year, if your bills come in less than we have allocated for them, you will each receive £50 per tenant.